Arts & Culture Advisory Board
The Arts & Culture Advisory Board works for the historic Village of Saranac Lake which supports thriving arts, cultural, and community institutions, in an all-inclusive environment that fosters the creative economy, community pride, downtown revitalization, and a myriad of diverse year-round offerings.
The purpose of the Arts & Culture Advisory Board is to make recommendations to the Village Board of Trustees on plans and project implementation for the arts community of Saranac Lake. The board works to make recommendations to the Saranac Lake Village Board of Trustees regarding policies and actions to implement the Arts and Culture Master Plan. The overall purpose is to help Saranac Lake foster and grow a shared culture through Village initiatives and support of arts organizations and events. The Arts & Culture Advisory Board works to:
- Make recommendations on capital improvement projects, entertainment venues, educational programs/plans and other Village programs and projects that relate to the arts and entertainment.
- Establish funding priorities for grants.
- Act as a liaison between the public and the Village Board of Trustees for any initiatives or support provided to the arts and entertainment of Saranac Lake.
- Promote more public and private cooperation in support of the arts and culture.
The Arts & Culture Advisory Board meets once a month in the Village Board Room. Check the calendar for the next meeting date and time. Each meeting includes a public comment period. If you want to be on the agenda for any upcoming meeting contact the Village of Saranac Lake Community Development Department at (518) 891-4150 ext. 234 or email email@example.com.
Description of Members
The Board consists of nine volunteer members appointed by the Board of Trustees.
|Board Member||Term Expiration|
|Kathy Ford, Chair||5/31/21|
|Shaun Kittle, Vice Chair||5/31/20|
|Jessica Collier, Secretary||5/31/21|
|Dylan Van Cott||5/31/21|
The Arts & Culture Master Plan
- Arts and Cultural Community Engagement
- Master Plan Funding Acquisition
- Targeted Arts Marketing Campaign
- Organizational and Artist Support
- Arts and Culturally Driven Economic Development
For more information regarding the Arts & Culture Advisory Board, contact the Community Development Department by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (518) 891-4150.